As most of you know, I’ve been teaming up with The Lucas Center this year to give an inside look at what plastic surgery and aesthetics can do in terms of self care, confidence, and overall feelings of well-being. I know this can be a touchy subject, but I love sharing the insider details with ya’ll. Most of you have been very receptive and have loved learning more about the industry and different procedures and treatments.
I wanted to dig a little deeper and share ideas for how to take better care of yourself this season today. I hope these ideas work for you, because they certainly have for me.
How to Take Better Care of Yourself this Season:
A lot of these tips have nothing to do with plastics or anything related, but I do think the investments I’ve made in myself with Dr. Lucas have truly had the biggest impact of all.
- Get more sleep. Shocking I know, but this is so true. Slacking on sleep reaps major consequences. Anytime I pull an all-nighter or late night work session I always pay for it. Getting sleep is one of my biggest struggles. I rarely get the full 7-8 hours I need. Set an alarm for bedtime, create a routine, get the sleep… your mind and body will be thankful!
- Spend time with people who make you happy. We all have to spend time with people we would rather not. Be that family, work, strained friendships, the general public; we all must endure it. Taking the time to have coffee, dinner, lunch, facetime dates, etc. with people who bring you join is a total mood changer and will change your day. Trust me. We all need that time to bring things back into perspective and feel the support we need in our lives.
- Cut your tech time. We harp on screen time for kids, but have we ever taken a look at our own consumption? I have an alert set on instagram for 8 hours so that I stop my daily usage there. (rarely happens, lol) It has been so eye opening to me. I know 8 hours seems like a lot, but it’s necessary for my job. Those hours sometimes can’t happen during the day so a lot of times I’m up at the crack of dawn and up well into the night on the app. I’ve been making a point to take more time off though. Once a week a have a tech free day (as much as I can) and I spend time with my family. There have been days I literally didn’t check my phone once and man is it glorious.
- Take care of your skin. Up your skincare routine (find my faves here), get a treatment (Megan at The Lucas Center did microneedling for me last week and it was awesome! Highly recommend them if you’re local!), drink that water to keep it hydrated, and last but least wear sunscreen! These little things will help you feel less resentful to your busy schedule and will revive you to tackle what you have going on.
- Try a new treatment. Filler and botox and I will be forever friends. Getting lip filler is probably the most confidence boosting thing I’ve ever done. I know some people think it’s outrageous, but it made the biggest impact on my appearance and really has made me feel more confident. You can read more about that experience here.
Make sure to check out The Lucas Center if you’ve been thinking about trying injectables or having a procedure done. He is so knowledgeable and truly a master at his craft.
They are hosting their holiday event tomorrow from 4-7 and I’d love to see you there. Lots of goodies, amazing specials, and the team will be there to answer any questions you may have. More info here.