This post is sponsored by Community Coffee, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you’re like me, you love coffee. Coffee has been a part of my daily routine for more than a decade now… and truly something I consider a treat. More often than not; though, I think people are so rushed they forget to take a moment and really enjoy their coffee. Making an effort to set aside time to take in your day, savor your coffee, and do something that brings you joy really can perk up your day. I’m going to share how with you today.
5 Ways to Perk Up Your Day
- Create a morning routine that you can maintain and don’t rush out the door. When I don’t take time for myself in the morning my day is wrecked. Period. I feel stressed, I feel resentful, and more often than not I don’t even remember what happened at the end of the day when I get home. When I follow a routine and take time for myself… I always feel better. No matter what. My routine is Coffee, Quiet Time, Shower, Primp, Go. That’s what works for me. Find something that works for you and stick to it. It will start your day off right, promise!
- Include something throughout the day that can serve as a pick me up or treat. I like to drink my coffee throughout the day. I usually have a cup of coffee in the morning and one mid-afternoon. The cup in the morning helps me feel motivated to start my day and the afternoon cup is a treat to myself for being productive. That may be different for you, but coffee is the drink of choice around here. I’ve been drinking Community® coffee American Classic™ Blend at home lately and truly love it. The 37-ounce canister is exclusive to Walmart and is super smooth with notes of Cocoa and Vanilla. I can drink this black, and that says a lot considering I’m usually a coffee with my cream kind of girl.
- Write Down 5 things you are grateful for at the start of your day. I started journaling about 6 months ago. I have a couple of sweet friends who started making gratefulness journals and I’ve never looked back since doing it. You can’t be anxious and thankful at the same time… it’s a proven fact. If you struggle with overwhelm and anxiety I can’t recommend doing this enough.
- Take quiet time in the morning to meditate. This is something I’m still working on, but a friend of mine has me inspired because she does it every single day. Sitting in quiet and thinking about the things that bring you joy and envisioning the goals you have for yourself is a powerful thing. I hope I can get this down… stay tuned!
- Wear something that makes you feel good. Even if it’s sweatpants sister, wear them! It’s a proven fact that when you look good you feel good. That dress that you feel pretty in, a shade of lipstick that brings out the color in your eyes, maybe you feel like a rockstar in your yoga pants… that’s okay girl, rock ’em!
For all my coffee lovers (most of you I’m sure), make sure to check out Community® coffee next time you’re in Walmart. The blend I’ve been loving in a 37-ounce canister exclusively available at Walmart from Community® coffee and I really think you’ll love it.
You can get yours here or just pick it up in-store, or order online! I hope this gave you some inspiration. These 5 ways to perk up your day truly do work and I’d love to hear how they helped you. Tell me in the comments if you implemented any of these.
For more lifestyle content from TGG, head here.