Your Fall Must-Have: The Blank NYC Leather Jacket:
Tips for Layering:
So now you want to know how to layer right? I get it… layering can be a little overwhelming. No one wants to feel like they’re dressing for a blizzard in the still semi-warm fall months. So I’m going to give you the low-down!
- Layer with Light Pieces: Start with a tee and then go from there. That way you aren’t getting too bulky and can still be comfortable.
- Layer with complementing colors/patterns: Don’t be a clash queen. Plaids and stripes for example are SUPER easy to work with. Don’t go print crazy… it will end up just working tacky.
- Find a great pair of leggings: Leggings are a KEY piece when it comes to layering. Really. I think black and olive are the two best. They go with every color you would want to pair and always look so chic. Just remember… leggings are meant for layered looks. Don’t wear them like you would jeans and other pants. Huge no-no!
- Find a great leather jacket: This Blank NYC Leather Jacket that I’ve styled today is seriously the best layering piece. They have a gorgeous suede one too!
- Layer to comfort: Don’t feel like layering has to mean adding 3+ pieces. Simply tying a cute flannel around your waist with a tee and denim shorts can make a super cute look. You don’t have to go over-board.
- Have fun: Layering is a great way to get some versatility out of your wardrobe. Try different things. God gave us full-length mirrors for a reason honey, use ’em to create some fun looks this season!
*contains affiliate links*
Okay guys, anyone watch the eclipse? I had originally planned to NOT post this today and take the day off because everyone is out doing their thing to find totality. I decided to just hit publish because I’ve not been posting as regularly and have to say… I was really disappointed. If anyone here was old enough to really remember Y2K, that is exactly how I feel about this. Something totally blown out of proportion and highly disappointing in the end. Unless you were in totality, it was a TOTAL waste of time. No pun intended lol.
So back to the real world and no fear of an alien attack. (Watch my insta-stories to know what I mean by that). Happy Monday ya’ll!!