Galentine’s Day Tips:
- Have a Coffee Date: This doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Heck, you don’t even have to go anywhere. Invite your closest girlfriends over and just enjoy the caffiene, read magazines, catch up, and have fun.
- Netflix and Chill: Make a popcorn bar, buy some champs, and have your girls over to watch the latest and greatest on Netflix. My favorites right now are : Keith (a movie and so so good if you’re into random rom-coms), 1 Mile to you (Another romantic movie, sob worthy at parts and packed full of emotional moments), Riverdale (Who doesn’t love Riverdale? If you haven’t watched yet you are missing out), Type-A (this is a comedy series about a young boy with Autism. Not only educational, but also really funny!), Gilmore Girls (Duh!), and Grey’s Anatomy (I recently just started this! It’s addicting in a Law and Order Sense and truly makes you not want to stop watching. You’ve been warned!)
- At Home Mani Pedis: About 4 months ago I dedicated myself to not going to the nail salon anymore. For one reason, it gives me crazy anxiety. Like Crazy! Two, it saves so much money! So now I do my own. I actually have a salon-worthy manicure and will be doing a post on it soon so stay tuned!
- Sundae Funday: Have your girls over to make Sundaes. This is not only super cute, but really fun! Put on some old school music… maybe some Spice Girls to get ready for their tour? Just have fun. I feel like we don’t get to just have fun most of the time (thanks adulthood) and any excuse to just let loose is warmly welcomed.
- Pinterest Challenge: You know all those DIY’s that you pin away on the daily? Have a DIY Pinterest challenge. Everyone takes their stab at one and you have have a prize for the best! This gets you to put your creative skills to work and it’s always more fun to fail at “pin worthy” DIYs together. Come on… we’ve all had a Pinterest fail! My most recent was a DIY ring light. Needless to say Amazon Prime came in clutch with the real thing.
** How cute is Romeo?**
Be my Galentine?
They tell you friendships become harder as you get older, but you never believe it until you’re here. It seriously changes the game when you graduate college. The next hurdle? Marriage and Babies. Often you feel left behind the pack, like you don’t have a place anymore. You are not alone, GF… this is life!
For me a lot of friendship changes have happened in the last few years. People move away, you grow apart, babies are born, life gets busy. It just happens. I really honed in on what I wanted from friendships… and I stopped tolerating BS. Don’t put more into a relationship if you aren’t getting the same in return. Fact.
So let me tell ya about one of my best friends. Here she is. You’ve seen here around these parts before. She and I photo swap on the regular of course, but she’s become my shoulder to lean on over the years… and I the same to her. Blogger friends are really awesome like that. I truly believe it’s rooted in the fact that you really have to stop giving F’s to be a blogger. We have to truly not care what other people outside the industry think of us bc TBH what we do is a little cray. We take photos of ourselves, wait to eat before we get the shot, and often can’t commit to social obligations because our business is too demanding.
Katie gets me, and I get her. She’s a total Bad Ass. She owns a business with her life-long bestie, juggles a long distance relationship with her fiancé, bounces across the state handling her commitments, and still manages to be a kick-ass friend. For reals. Katie is a gem.
True friendships are hard to find, and I’m so blessed to call you my friend GF!
Romeo was the only dude invited to Galentine’s Day. Hims can be one of the gals, right?
I hope this post inspired you to share some love with your girlfriends. We often overlook those who contribute the most to our lives. Don’t take that for granted, let the people in your life know they are appreciated. Do you celebrate Galentine’s Day?
Shop The Post: