This post is sponsored by Express. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make TGG possible.
The Perfect Fit:
It’s no news here that I’ve always struggled with body image and confidence. For as long as I can remember… I’ve felt like I didn’t fit the mold… like I didn’t have a place. I think no matter your size, age, where you come from… we all feel that from time to time. For me, this comes out to play almost daily. From posting on the ‘gram, shooting in public places, and the need to always be scouting a new spot… I feel that doubt. I question myself.
In the last few months I’ve had to really work on this. Shooting with Luke primarily allows him to see how I struggle with this and he brought it to my attention a few months ago. When I was out shooting in public I would get so self conscious and irritable. I would feel so embarrassed. All this goes back to that desperate need to fit in or feel wanted… and I had to do something about it.
A way I’ve been able to break away from this is finding jeans that fit and flatter my body. I truly believe that a good pair of jeans can change your mood, your day, and how you feel about yourself. When you find a pair that don’t gap in the back because your hips are wide, but your waist is much smaller, or when they hug your thighs without cutting off the circulation… that’s such a major win. I am wearing jeans 75% of the time I’m shooting. For me it’s almost always jeans or a dress… and when you don’t always feel the best in your jeans that can make for a tough shoot. I had a couple of pairs that felt good, but sometimes I would put on a pair because they went better with an outfit than those and while they “fit” they just didn’t feel “right”.
I absolutely love these Express jeans because of the Denim Perfect technology. These will lift, smooth, and slim all at once. What’s so amazing too is that they are comfortable. You can move and bend… they are truly the perfect jean for dressing up or down!
I didn’t have any gray or black jeans and was so excited to add these to my closet.
Tips for Finding the Right Fit:
- Find a style that suits your body’s shape. This is so important. Don’t just buy jeans because they are trendy. Find the styles that really flatter you and make you feel confident.
- Pay attention to length. If you are a shorter girl, ankle jeans are your friend! These are the ankle cut and not only is the hem flattering, but they won’t drag the floor or require a cuff.
- Rise is everything. For my girls with a booty, high rise is your friend. High rise is everyone’s friend in my opinion, but especially for us girls with some booty. Low rise should really be kept to those with a more straight and narrow frame! Mid rise is also very flattering! Every once in a while I will break away from high rise for a mid rise. These are a great option!
- Fabric content. I always do a 98/2 ratio for cotton to stretch. This is to ensure that I get my best fit. With my hips being much wider than my waist those 100% cotton options just do not work for me. Keep this in mind!
- Try On! If you struggle with the fitting room, order online and try on at home. It’s so easy to do returns these days. Do what will make you feel most comfortable!
- Love and embrace your body! That’s what this is all about. The right fit for YOUR body will make such a huge impact on how you feel! Trust me!
Now that you know all the details on Denim perfect… I get to tell you the best news? All jeans are BOGO $29.90 right now and they come 00-18… I am so proud of Express for having extended sizing. I think this is so incredibly important! Make sure to check out Express Jeans… they really are amazing! Your booty will thank you!
You can read more on my journey to body confidence here.