This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Blue Lizard Sunscreen. The opinions and text are all mine.
Summer is here… and while I’m so excited to spend some well-deserved time soaking up the sun… I’m more concerned with protecting my skin than anything else. That’s why today I wanted to share some tips for you to remember to stay protected all day from those harmful UVA and UVB rays. I know… this sounds serious… but it can be fun too!
Tips for protecting your skin this Summer:
- Incorporate your Sunscreen into your morning routine: After you apply your daily lotion, apply a thin layer of sunscreen. That way before you even walk out the door you are covered. So important. Don’t skip this even if it is gloomy outside. Those rays don’t discriminate.
- Find a Sunscreen you LOVE! This is so important. If you don’t like your sunscreen… you won’t re-apply it. Simple as that! I love Blue Lizard because it doesn’t have that funky smell that lots of other sunscreens do… and it absorbs easily so no white residue! This one is easy to apply on the go! I love the sensitive formula because it is 100% Paraben, Fragrance, and Chemical FREE!
- Find a Sunscreen that is Dermatologist Approved: This is key! A lot of sunscreens out there don’t even really work. Scary huh? Blue Lizard is not only dermatologist tested, but it is a natural, not chemical, mineral base. Zinc Oxide. Major points: It provides true broad-spectrum protection from UV rays.
- Use a Mineral Based Sunscreen: Did you know that chemical sunscreens absorb the UVA and UVB rays AFTER they have entered your body? I didn’t either. Isn’t that scary? Mineral sunscreens work just the opposite. They work like little mirrors and reflect most of the suns rays BEFORE they enter your body.
- Keep a bottle of Sunscreen in your bag: If you don’t pack it, you can’t re-apply. Right? So always keep an extra in your purse! I also highly recommend just keeping one in the car too. That way you’re never left empty handed. Backups are key!
- Set a Timer: This is key. I always set mine for every hour and a half when I know I’m going to be outside. Typical guidelines are for once every hour, especially when you’re getting in and out of the water. I do think it’s okay to pro-long between applications when you aren’t dipping into the pool. Remember though, if you are sweating you are losing lots of that sun protection you applied earlier. I also love that Blue Lizard comes in a smart bottle that turns blue when it picks up on UVA/UVB rays. It’s seriously so cool!
- Make sure to schedule a dermatologist visit: I think that Summer is the best time to schedule this. For one, it’s easy to remember when you are going to be out in the sun so much and also because it’s a good idea to get a skin check-up before you try to jump right into long days by the pool. Keep an eye on spots like moles and birth marks and keep your Dr. informed of any changes you notice.
- Have fun!: Protecting your skin doesn’t have to be a drag. Use a fun sunscreen like Blue Lizard to help keep you on track and avoid those painful, pesky sunburns!
These are tips for the Summer, but also don’t forget that sun protection is key year round! Always keep a sunblock with you. Protect your face and hands and all other exposed areas no matter what season it is!
I hope this gave you some helpful tips for remembering your sunscreen throughout the day! Make sure to check out Blue Lizard for your Summer sun care needs.
Today I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win: a $400 Nordstrom Gift Card, just in time to shop the Anniversary Sale for Early Access! We want to spoil you for supporting us!
Enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 7/12 at 12am.Winner will be announced here. Good luck y’all!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.