Thank you to Express for sponsoring today’s post. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting TGG brand partners!
Summer is upon us ya’ll! Can I get an amen? I have to say, I’m a little weary of the crazy hot temps, but Summer will always be my favorite! Luke is out for the Summer (even though he still hustles his side gigs all Summer long…), which means that we have more time together! I also loooove the feeling I get every Summer. I feel free, happy, and hopeful. All my best memories are surrounded by Summer. Our Engagement, summers spent with my family up north, and our Wedding… the list goes on and on! Summer will always hold a special place in my heart.
So today I wanted to chat Go To Summer outfits. For me, I have two combos that I wear in different variations on repeat… and here goes.
My Easy, Go To Summer Outfits:
- An Easy, light Summer Dress: linen and cotton are key here! Light fabrics are your best friend! I always gravitate toward a more flowy silhouette, but this dress from Express is seriously the best. It hits the mark with the ruffle hem and tie waist. I absolutely love the fit and it is so incredibly flattering! I took a Medium in this and it fits perfectly!
- Cognac Wedges: If you want the goes with everything shoe, this is it! Cognac wedges are going to get you through any event (day or night), and go with anything! These are incredibly comfortable and run TTS! I took an 8 in these!
- Oversized Sunglasses: You can’t go wrong with these! I have multiple pairs and styles and I’m never completely dressed without a good pair of sunnies! These have some serious retro vibes with the hexagon shapes! These are also on sale for under $20!
- A Neutral Bag: This bag is a light gray and goes with everything! It’s so light it hardly even looks gray. A neutral bag like this will carry you through the season and work with both day and night looks! It’s currently $39.90!
- A Gingham Top: This top comes in multiple prints! I am obsessed with it and going back for the blue because it is seriously the easiest thing to just throw on and go! I took a Medium!
- White Jeans: White denim is MUST this season! They aren’t as hot, really pop those bright summer colors, and make you look super tan! These are AMAZING! Mid-rise, the perfect ammount of stretch, and distressing in all the right places. I took a 28 or a 6 in these!
- A Neutral Bag: See, it totally worked for day too!
- Platform Espadrilles: These are a MUST this season! They add some height to every look and give a retro vibe! I’m actually planning to wear the dress over the next weekend with these shoes! They are so cute and the placement of the strap is super flattering on your legs!
I hope this gave you some inspo for creating your own Go To Summer Outfits! These are basically my uniform this time of year.
I also wanted to share some amazing news with you guys! Express now has extended sizing. You guys know how important that is for me here on TGG. This is a space where everyone is welcome so I ALWAYS do my best to shop and share styles that come in petite and plus because I never want anyone to feel left out or excluded. I’m mid-range gal… so I struggle finding my place. I was beyond happy to hear this news and I knew you would be too! This goes from 00-18 and XXS-XL. Can I get an AMEN?
For my thoughts on body image and how we have to break the mold, click here!
Shop Look 1:
Shop Look 2: